Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “Go Ahead…Because No Cross, No Crown”
Primary Scripture Reference: Luke 19:28-40
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- Verse 11 of Luke 19
- There were some of Jesus’ disciples that thought the kingdom should immediately appear.
- After carefully correcting His followers, Jesus begins to head to Jerusalem.
- John 11:57
- There was a bounty on Jesus’ head for His arrest, but He went ahead to Jerusalem anyway.
- In order to receive the kingdom, He had to endure the cross.
- There were preparations made for Jesus to enter Jerusalem.
- Many of us may have been like the colt; tied up… but the Lord is getting ready to loose you because He has need of you.
- Things had to be put into place and the scene had to be set for prophecy to be fulfilled.
- 1 Timothy 1:8
- People will push you to places you are not ready for; they will push you before the time.
- John 12:19
- Nothing tell the devil and his followers that they lost, better than the praises of God.
- Psalm 148:7-13; Psalm 96:11-12
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**