Elder Darren Young
Subject: “Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done”
Primary Scripture Reference: Matthew 6:9-10
- There are some times we can pray for something or some situations but it won’t change until your prayers line up with His will.
- God wants to teach us how to pray.
- In heaven God’s will is being done.
- If we are yielded vessels, we should allow His will to be done in us regardless of our position or disposition.
- Luke 17:20-21
- The Pharisees were looking for God’s kingdom to come in a physical, external form.
- The kingdom of God has to come within us before His will can be done in the earth, in earthen vessels.
- This is through God’s Spirit, the work of the Holy Spirit, and the Word of God.
- Every kingdom has a king; it is all about the king’s authority and rule.
- We cannot do what we do not know; God’s will is His Word.
- Study to show thyself approved unto God.
- In order for the Lord to reveal some things for/to you, then you must get in His Word.
- God wants to bring us to a place where our desire is to please Him.
- The Holy Spirit reveals the mind and the Spirit of God.
- The will of God must be done in the earth His way.
- Surrender = to come into agreement with the will of the Father.
- Be renewed in the spirit of your mind through the Word of God on a daily basis.
- If Jesus could surrender to the will of God then we should be able to also.
- The Kingdom is that spiritual place that God wants to rule and reign in.
- Daniel 3:7-16
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**