Pastor Timothy Dortch
Subject: “God Has You On His Mind”
Primary Scripture Reference: Psalm 115:12-18
- This psalm is a community psalm of praise that focuses on the glory of the Lord in the salvation of His people.
- People have a tendency to divert the glory to themselves that rightfully belongs to God.
- The psalmist redirects the glory.
- The ultimate prayer for us is that God will get the glory in answering our prayers. We want HIM to shine.
- Psalm 42:3
- If you are a child of God (living a righteous life), and you are feeling the heat of this life, you should find comfort in knowing that you are in the process of being refined.
- Don’t cause the enemy to let you question where God is.
- He is where He has always been… still on the throne.
- He is with you and in you. He’s sovereign!
- Ephesians 1:11
- Job 23:13
- The idol has all these faculties and characteristics, but they are dead.
- The idol is powerless so you are powerless.
- You become like the god (whether it be an idol) or the God (the creator and sustainer of the universe) that you serve.
- Verse 9-11 (Litany)
- A litany is a series of petitions for use in church services or processions, usually recited by the clergy and responded to in a recurring formula by the people.
- These particular verses focus on the fact that God can be trusted.
- God controls the universe.
- Trust in the one that is helping and protecting you.
- All of us have had times when we have felt isolated, abandoned, etc. by God (left to stand alone).
- Be encouraged that you are on His mind.
- If you are on His mind, then His help is not far behind. Help is coming.
- God does not play favorites when He is handing out blessings.
- Fearful = reverential awe and respect for God.
- Verse 12-15 (Litany)
- Focuses on God’s blessings.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**