Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “God’s Love”
Scripture references are contained within the notes
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- God’s love is unconditional.
- Unconditional = not subject to conditions; unlimited and unrestricted.
- There is nothing you can do or not do to keep God from loving you.
- God does not like unrighteousness, but He does love the sinner. He loves the sinner but hates the sin.
- God loves those that you don’t think are lovable.
- John 3:16
- This is one of the most powerful scriptures as it relates to God’s love and His plan.
- He loved us so much that He gave. Love is an action word.
- He gave His Son (Jesus Christ).
- Begotten = unique; the only one of His kind.
- Romans 5:6-8
- Christ died for the ungodly.
- Commendeth His love = demonstrated His love.
- 1 John 4:9-10
- Propitiation = means by which our sins are forgiven.
- Christ was the only suitable sacrifice (atoning sacrifice).
- God’s love is inconceivable (or unbelievable).
- Inconceivable = not capable of being imagined or fully grasped mentally.
- Ephesians 3:17-19
- You cannot fully grasp God’s love intellectually, but you have to experience it.
- His love surpasses mere knowledge; it is too great to fully understand.
- God is not like man.
- God’s love is inseparable.
- Inseparable = unable to divide/separate.
- Romans 8:35-39
- Even the things that we may go through does not have the ability to separate us from the love of God (God’s love for us).
- We are super conquerors (more than conquerors).
- Persuaded = convinced.
- God’s love is everlasting (never-ending).
- Jeremiah 31:3
- He loved you in the past, He loves you in the present, and He’ll love you in the future.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**