Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “The Time Has Come”
Primary Scripture Reference: Psalm 102:11-13
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- The word favor is defined as approval, support, or liking for someone.
- Synonyms for favor: backing, assistance.
- An act of kindness beyond what is due or beyond what is usual.
- Genesis 39:21
- Joseph was falsely accused and went to prison.
- “But” normally suggests that what is coming after the comma is greater or has greater importance or significance.
- He (God) gave Joseph an act of kindness that was beyond what was due or usual.
- Special benefits come with favor. Like grace, favor is a gift and you didn’t deserve it.
- You can have favor with God and with man… Luke 2:52, Acts 2:47.
- The favor we receive from man, in a way, is different than that which we receive from God. But the idea is still the same. It means you have special access to them and you receive something from them.
- Favor gives access. Once you have access you receive/obtain.
- When given by God, favor is often times is given in response to prayer and righteous living.
- It’s a good time to be in Zion.
- God will give you favor inspite of what is going on in the government.
- Psalm 102 – prayer of the afflicted.
- Problems and afflictions are common to man.
- God, don’t hide your face from me, especially in the day of trouble.
- There are times when you can go through so much that it will cause you to forget to eat or cause you to lose your appetite; your mind is crowded.
- The use of birds, particularly the pelican, owl, and sparrow, symbolize loneliness.
- Enemies reproach = mocking and making fun of.
- Endure = lasting in the sense that He reigns forever.
- God is getting ready to stand up on your behalf.
- Psalm 5:12
- If you heart is really towards God, you are righteous.
- God will surround you with favor. Favor protects.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**