Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “Hold On To What He Told You”
Primary Scripture Reference: Hebrews 10:23
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- There is an element of hope involved in faith (faith is the substance of things hoped for…).
- Profession of faith –> confession of hope.
- Without wavering = no going back and forth.
- Hold fast = to seize and hold tightly.
- Seize means to take hold of suddenly and forcibly.
- The enemy is trying to convince us that God did not say what He said. Once we are convinced that God said it, then the enemy will try to convince us that God is not going to do what He said.
- God is faithful [reliable and trustworthy].
- Hebrews 11:1
- Things may be past their deadline on the earth, but it is the right time for God to do it.
- Genesis 18:12 –> Sarah laughed within herself at first.
- Genesis 17:17 –> Abraham also laughed.
- Romans 4:20-22
- We don’t have to wait for the manifestation, praise God now.
- Praise rehearses the promise.
- Many people make promises they can’t keep, but God makes promises and keeps them.
- Abraham’s faith was counted to him as righteousness.
- God has the POWER to do what He has promised.
- exusia = authority to do.
- dunamis = ability to do.
- God may speak to you directly or through someone else, but if it is from God, hold fast to what He said.
- Luke 1:45
- Blessed = spiritually fortunate and favored; happy; to be envied.
- Performance meaning that God is going to do it. He is the only one on the stage and only He gets the glory. He is going to perform it on your behalf.
- Acts 27:21-25
- God will not just show favor to you, but to those attached/connected to you.
- 2 Peter 1:4
- God has given us exceeding great and precious promises.
- It is possible for something to be great and not precious (valuable). Likewise, some things can be precious (valuable) and not large or great.
- Hebrews 10:35
- Don’t throw away your faith; there is a reward attached to it.
- Now is not the time to let go; hold fast.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**