Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “The Lord Is In Your Midst”
Primary Scripture Reference: Zephaniah 3:14-20
- We all will have enemies if we serve the Lord and name the name of Christ.
- Sometimes there is that one enemy, that if God does something to that one, you can deal with the little ones.
- The King of Israel is in your midst.
- God has a way of sometimes hiding things from you.
- You shall see disaster no more.
- In light of the promise of restoration, Israel ought to sing.
- Don’t wait until the battle is over. Sing now…shout now!
- Just knowing that the Lord is in your midst, gives you joy.
- We are living in a world where there is alot of chaos and noise, but He will quiet you with His love.
- 5 things you need to understand will result in comfort:
- The Lord is in your midst.
- The Lord is in your midst with power to save.
- He will rejoice over you with singing (sings over you).
- God takes joy in you (His people).
- God gives rest in/with His love.
- We underestimate the joy God has with His people.
- As faulty as we can be sometimes, He still rejoices over us.
- Can you imagine God singing?
- God is going to gather the scattered.
- God will deal with all who afflict you.
- What God is doing in verses 19-20, He is also doing/going to do for the church.
- You will see your captives be brought back before your eyes.
- God will cause all this to happen to give Him praise and fame and also give you praise and fame.