Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “I Said, Wait!”
Primary Scripture Reference(s): Psalm 27:14
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- If anybody knew about what it meant to wait on God other than Job, it’s David.
- In between the time David was anointed to be king and time that he actually became king, he was chased by Saul.
- Saul is mad at something that God did. David didn’t choose himself; God chose David.
- People will get mad at you because of something that God did.
- God promoted you and fulfilled a promise to you and the enemy still is pursuing you.
- Be of good courage = be strong and brave –> as a result, God will strengthen your heart.
- David was speaking from experience.
- Psalm 31:24
- Where does your hope lie?
- Keep/Walk in His way.
- Way = course or path.
- We can sometimes get out of the “way” and hope in other things, especially when we feel that God is not answering our prayers or see that He doesn’t seem to see the urgency of our request(s).
- God is worth waiting for.
- God uses waiting to teach us, but He also uses it to strengthen us.
- Isaiah 40
- Submit to God’s timing.
- In summary: Wait of God, be strong and courageous, walk in His way, and submit to His timing.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**