Pastor Timothy L. Dortch
Subject: “What God Did Through Christ”
Primary Scripture Reference(s): Colossians 1:12-14; Colossians 2:13-15
Sermon Notes and Nuggets
- What Paul writes falls into 2 categories:
- What God did through Christ.
- What we as Christians should do in light of what God did through Christ.
- Meet (in this context) = qualified.
- Partake(r) = Share/Sharer — in the inheritance of the saints in light.
- None of us were qualified, but God qualified us.
- We have redemption through the blood of Christ.
- We have been translated/transferred into the kingdom of light (God’s kingdom); delivered from the power of darkness.
- Before we received or obtained new life through Christ, we were dead in our sins.
- We cannot be alive outside or apart from Christ.
- We are forgiven of our trespasses.
- Trespass = sinning by overstepping a boundary.
- Blotted out = wiped away; wiped out.
- Spoiled (in the context of verse 15 of Colossians 2) = disarmed (stripped of power).
- He made a spectacle of principalities and powers.
** These notes are just highlights and nuggets from the sermon. To have the message in its entirety, please purchase a copy on CD or DVD from the media ministry.**